Thursday, April 25, 2013

Bean and Cheese Enchiladas

We love these (even the three year old)!

Here is what you need:

 

1 can tomato sauce
2 cans pinto beans (or prepared dry beans)
8 flour taco tortillas
1 packet taco seasoning (or make your own!)
1 cup Monterey Jack
1 cup cheddar (not pictured)
1 can enchilada sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

I make my own enchilada sauce (prior to this).  I like this kind: Homemade Enchilada Sauce.  I make this and divide it into three parts, and I freeze them.  One portion is enough for this recipe.  I found that the canned enchilada sauce is WAY too salty.  Also, if you make the taco seasoning too, you can cut down on salt.

Mix the enchilada sauce and tomato sauce together.  Place a small amount in the bottom of a 9x13 pan to keep the enchiladas from sticking. 

Rinse and mash the beans.  Heat them in a sauce pan with the taco seasoning and half of the enchilada/tomato sauce mixture.  Shred the cheese, and mix the two cheeses together.  

Place a small amount of cheese and beans in the tortilla, and place in the pan.  Top the enchiladas with the sauce and the rest of the cheese.  Bake 20-30 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment