Sunday, May 12, 2013

Oh So Dirty Dresser Before


 Here is the new project!  I want to replace the bad (however, free) 1980s dresser in out bedroom.  I picked up this beauty at the Gardendale Flea Market in the &Whatnot booth (&Whatnot FB).

The main structure appears to be a basic cheap plywood dresser.  At some point someone added the details, they are solid wood.  At least this is my guess, because it really does not make sense.  I have never seen a cheap dresser with curved detail. 

The top is in BAD shape:


I am going to cut a section of the veneer out, and hopefully use my Pinterest skills to repair it . . .

Any ideas on color?  Design?  Out room has pale blue walls, dark furniture, and an embroidered leaf print white bedspread.  Maybe I will paint a graphic leaf on it, who knows!  Ideas welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking this up at Classy Clutter! I think this would be gorgeous in a a crisp white with maybe some pale blue stripes on the top!

    Hugs, Mallory @ Classy Clutter

    ReplyDelete