You may remember this disaster. The veneer clearly got wet sometime in the past and had bubbled up. So, time to fix it!
I just measure on the spot, and only used half of the veneer. It very easily glued down with the iron. The box cutter easily cut it. Luckily, this veneer was the same depth as the original veneer, and only needed one layer. It did shrink a tiny amount once it dried, and you can see the seems. That is okay because:
I plan to paint it a bright white, with a blue off center stripe (thanks Classy Clutter for the paint idea). I found some awesome patina brass drawer pulls at the Decatur Habitat for Humanity (ReStore) for $1 each. This piece had no pulls when I found it. Here is what it looked like when I found it: Oh So Dirty Dresser.
Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment if you have any creative ideas for this chest!